Saturday 11 April 2015

My favourite corners #3 - Arlo's play kitchen


Alex and I spent a long time, late on Christmas eve, putting this together (because it was very complicated - not in any way because of all the late-night Amarettos we'd enjoyed).  Watching Arlo's little face as he walked into the room to discover this the following morning was just the best. Since then we've spent many a happy while at his little kitchen, putting the kettle on and making soup at the hob. I've also spent a large part of every single day since Christmas picking up all the little plastic versions of vegetables and roast chickens and putting them away. Over and over again. But I guess that's what this parenting stuff is all about, right? All worth it to hear him come over and tug at my hand and say my two favourite words: "Mama? Tea?"

So until Arlo is old enough to make me an actual, real-life cup of tea (the main reason anyone ever has kids, surely) this little spot will remain one of my favourite corners of the house.

Missed my other favourite corners? Here's #1 and #2.



No comments:

Post a Comment